Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Live BBC Interview

I just came upon this BBC interview of a group of Congolese from the Katanga. It's interesting because it's a group interview conducted in real-time with questions coming in via the Internet from all over the world. Similarly to the much hyped YouTube US presidential debate, it brings a new perspective to the issue at hand, the then upcoming DRC national elections, by presenting questions not normally asked by reporters. However, I think the most significant aspect is the real interaction between interviewers and the interviewees. I liked the realization by the Congolese interviewees that they were able to address the entire world, and that the world was concerned with their problems. I'd like to set something up during my trip with locals and friends and family back home. It'd be a real kick to find out the similarities and differences between sides.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian,

I've come across some info online saying you've researched Iranian bloggers blogs and bloggers. Do you know of a way to search for blogs by location, in order to obtain a list of Iranian bloggers writing in English inside Iran? Do you happen to have a list you could provide? I am trying to find the information for a research project here at work, and it's been really hard to get any blog search engines to find blogs by location.

Thanks!

clalexander said...

Michael,

Hmmm, I don't know of anything offhand. I don't think it's likely that there would be that type of information for bloggers in Iran all in one place. blogsbyiranians.com is a site that lists blogs inside and outside of Iran, but I'm not sure how updated it is. They might be willing to share that sort of info with you. I know a disproportionate number of the English-speaking blogs in Iran are based out of Tehran. Part of the problem is though that many bloggers there would like to remain anonymous.